Thursday, December 2, 2010

WELCOME TO WINDOW REFLECTIONS!

Hi!  I’m Dave Moorhead and that is my wife, Mia, in the picture with me.  I’m the pastor at New Hope Community Church in Shafter, CA.  This is my first blog post here on our brand new website.  I’m really excited about our new site and I hope it will be a tool to help spread the word about what we’re trying to do here in Shafter and the surrounding area.
I named this blog Window Reflections because my office is in the living room of my home.  My desk is set up right in front of a big picture window that looks out onto Mannel Avenue.  Every day I sit at this desk and read or write or work on church stuff while my neighbors pass by and the kids walk past on their way to the high school two blocks up the street.  I think about all of those people and reflect on what we might do to serve them and minister to them.  Thus, Window Reflections!
The people of New Hope have a passion for living out the gospel in our community.  In other words, we have great news that we know will bring hope to people who need it.  We realize that we are broken people who have entered into a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.  And we know that Jesus has called us to continue to do the work he began when he was here on earth.  So our activities are done in the name of Jesus and are meant to express the love of Jesus.  We want to make a difference!
If you are just stopping by this new website for a visit, welcome!  If you are looking for a church, I hope you will give New Hope a try.  We’d love to meet you and tell you more about what we’re trying to do to make the name of Jesus famous right here in Shafter!

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Pastor Dave! I like the name. Sounds ordinary - but as you explained, it tells more about your passion and love for the people walking along the neighborhood. May the Lord Jesus bless and guide as you and your ministry reach out and help them become disciples of the Lord. (Just remember to squeegee with dabs of windex to keep your windows sparkly clean!!) --fernando, from another window

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more!

    What do I win if I am the first official follower of this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Dave, Great Job on the site and the blog!I share the same view out almost the same window and will have a different outlook on the people I see from now on.Thanks again and God Bless you and Mia in all you do here in Shafter. I thank God for bring us to you. Tom&Cathy Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave,
    Love the new website. I look forward to reading your reflections.

    ReplyDelete